Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another great save by Tivo

Tivo saves the day again!

In case you were wondering, the absence on my blog was because of my spring break vacation. I had a great vacation but it was hard to be without my shows. 

Television is an escape from your own reality - but so is vacation. 

When you go on vacation, you get away from your everyday life which is exactly what you do when you watch television. Instead of getting away for an hour with Grey's Anatomy, I got away for a week to Miami. It was beautiful, but I missed my shows. 

The character's on the shows become your friends - you know all their deepest secrets and they won't tell yours. I see my television "friends" more often than some of my best friends in life. When you are away from your friends you miss things and you need to catch up on what's going on in their lives.

I am Jewish so I've never experienced a Christmas morning but I imagine it feels something like coming home to a Tivo filled to it's maximum with all your favorite shows. Time to catch up with my friends that I missed so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment